Thursday, April 7, 2011

Journal 02: Patterns

When asked to find 10 of my favorite patters, I immediately went to my closet. I found some of my favorite patterns on my clothes and shoes. I also have some random decorations around my room with some very fun patterns on them. A lot of these items I have had for a long time so they also have some sentimental value.

Below are my top ten favorite patterns I found:


This is a decorative candle holder that I use to hold all of my hairties and clips. I have had this for probably 8 years and I am very impressed that it hasn't broken through the years. I think it is a cool pattern made of stones and it reminds me of the cute stone mosaic tables they have in foreign places.




This is a picture of a dress I bought over winter break. I really like the pattern of the lace and the light purple color underneath.



The above is a photo of my rainboots that I bought last summer. I think they are really cute, comfortable and useful! The fun pattern also has many different colors in it so it is easy to find something to match.


The above picture is from a pair of pajama shorts that I own. I like the clean lines on them (even though they are wrinkly in the picture) and I think the colors go well together.


This is a picture of a shirt that I bought. I like the mixture of the brighter and darker colors along with the flower pattern.


This is a picture of the gift bag I got from the Coach store when I purchased a ring. I really like the colors of the stripes. I also have a slight obsession with anything Coach (including their gift bags!).

http://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/213282/coach-slipper-shoes-design.jpg

Speaking of Coach, the above picture is from a website I found. The picture has the Coach "C"s on it in fun spring colors. I really like the Coach pattern because I like their products and it is also very simple.

http://www.girlytwitter.com/install.asp?id=5380

This is a picture of polka dots that I found at the above website. I like this pattern because the dots are a little more complex than just normal polka dots, but they are still very simple. I also like the bright colors of the dots and I think they go well together.


http://noveltyrugs.guidestobuy.com/delos-rugs-rovos-brown-and-tan-samburu-giraffe-rug-size-5-x-7-6

In addition to patterns on items I own, I also like patterns found in nature. Above is a picture of a giraffe print that I found online. My favorite animal pattern is that of a giraffe. I like the mix of colors and I also like how it looks as if the spots would fit together if they were closer.

derekprospero.com

This is a really cool photo of a leaf that I had saved on my computer. I really like this photo because I can easily see the patterns of the veins of the leaf. I love being outside so looking at the leafy pattern reminds me of spending time outdoors.

Those were my top ten favorite patterns that I was able to find. Hope you enjoyed them!

No comments:

Post a Comment