Sunday, April 17, 2011

Journal 03: Peer Dialogue #1

For this journal, I looked at some of the other blogs of my classmates. Here are my thoughts:

R.Becky_B

I looked at Becky’s blog and the first thing that I noticed was the cool picture of tree bark that was part of her pattern assignment. I really like all of the patterns that she found because they are all common designs that I feel like I have seen before.

I also agree with her statement of not realizing the entire realm of design, from industrial to interior to visual communication. I also really liked how we were able to see the chairs that we learned about in class in the libraries on campus.

To see Becky’s profile, go to: http://bbeaulieu11.blogspot.com/

Lindsay_M

After looking at Lindsay’s profile, I have found that we have very similar ideas about the course. I really like what she said about knowing some of the history of the buildings on campus. When we went on the walking tour, we learned some fun facts about the libraries, such as how there are no right angles in the Wexner Center.

I also really liked the patterns that she had on her blog. A lot of them were on similar products where I found my patterns, such as the mosaic candle holder, clothes and purses.

I found it interesting that she also did her designer project on Jonathan Ive. I feel like a lot of students researched him.

To see Lindsay’s profile, visit: http://design200lm.blogspot.com

Jonathan_T

Jonathan is the fourth member in my group of 4s. I was surprised when I visited his blog because he uses it for more than this class so there is a lot on it. When I looked at his J02 with the patterns, I noticed that a lot of them are from articles of clothing. I think that a lot of people found their most interesting patterns on clothes because they are products that they bought because they were attracted to.

I like how Jonathan has a Campus Style section on his blog. I look forward to checking back and seeing what styles he has observed on campus.

I think his blog looks very professional and he has a lot of material on it. To see his blog, visit: http://design200.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment