Sunday, May 15, 2011

Journal 07: Peer Dialogue #3

Jonathan

The first thing I noticed when I went on Jonathan’s blog was the cool videos he has posted about new screen and device technology. These videos show a flexible phone that works by bending the screen to press the buttons. I think this is an interesting idea and I look forward to seeing if anything comes out of it.

For the home goods assignment, Jonathan posted a picture of a really unique coffee machine. I would be interesting in learning how this specific machine works and how expensive it is.

I also agree with Jonathan about enjoying the classes with the speakers. I think its cool how he has already used Prezi for one of his presentations.

You can see Jonathan’s blog at: http://design200.wordpress.com/


Lindsay

I enjoyed reading Lindsay’s thoughts on the last couple classes. I agree with her about the competitiveness of the design program here and enjoyed hearing from the students about their experiences in the program. I also thought it was cool how Lindsay enjoys picking out the colors to paint her house. My mom always asks me to help her pick out colors but it usually turns into too long of a process for me!

While looking through her trade show pictures, I really liked the IKEA exhibit. I think this it is a really creative approach to making a room by using large magazine covers instead of walls. This attracts people to the exhibit and in turn, will help to sell your products.

I also thought it was interesting how we had some of the same items for our letters. For example, we both used glasses for “b” and we both used a lamp for a letter.

You can see Lindsay’s blog at: http://design200lm.blogspot.com/


Becky

There are many things from Becky’s blog that I enjoyed looking at, such as her letterforms and her course reflection. I thought that her letter “A” was very creative because you usually don’t look at a magnetic clip from that direction. Also, her “y” is part of a lofted bed that I also have in my room and I didn’t notice it when I was looking for letters. I thought it was cool how she took the number “3” and rotated it to look like a “w”.

I share many of the same thoughts as her about the Rip!: A Remix Manifesto movie we watched in class. I thought I was disappointing learning how Walt Disney copied his ideas from other pieces of media then copyrighted them to prevent people from doing the same. I also think it is ridiculous how “Happy Birthday” is not public domain. It is things like this that just make me frustrated with how ridiculous some laws and regulations are today.

You can see Becky’s blog at: http://bbeaulieu11.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment